Friday, June 18, 2010

Prayer Update

I call this a prayer update because that is where we are right now, just praying and believing God for his provision. I really believed that by the time we should have gotten our next paycheck that Jeff would have a job and we wouldn't "go without" so to speak, but it hasn't turned out that way. God has certainly been faithful, and we have seen his provision in very real ways as we are entering 7 months of unemployment ... but honestly, I had very different expectations of what God was going to provide.

So, here we are now at a cross roads of sorts. We just returned from a trip to Austin where Jeff & I both had job interviews and we will be returning on Sunday for Jeff's second round of interviews with this company. It is an all day interview - it makes me tired just thinking about that. When we first decided to remain stateside, we wanted to be in Waco and when that didn't work out we started looking at jobs in Corpus, and now that hasn't really panned out we began to look in Austin. I think I just expected to have some strong sense of what was next, and instead I feel like the more time that passes the more questions I have.

The job I interviewed for is basically my dream job. It is at a pregnancy center in Austin doing what I love. The big decision for me is whether I should go back to work full or part time. This job is a part time position with the hopes that it will be full time by January, but I could go full time immediately if I job shared the receptionist position. I feel so torn as I know for our family right now I really need to go back to work and am excited about beginning a career that I know I will love, but at the same time I am going to miss being with H SOOOOOOO much! It would be great to start out part time and work my way up to full time, but if Jeff doesn't end up liking this job (he's pretty unsure about it right now) or needs more time to find something else, moving to Austin on a part time salary seems kind of crazy! On top of all this I found out on our way back yesterday that I'm one of the top 3 candidates for a full time job I interviewed for in Corpus last week. I had basically dismissed it because I didn't think I got it and now I know that I'm still in the running and really, I just don't know what to do. I haven't been offered either job yet, but If I do - I don't know what I'm going to say.

Please pray for us over the next week as we go back to Austin for Jeff's interview and I hear back about my interviews and we make important decisions about our future.