Monday, April 12, 2010


We finally finished H's new dresser. You can read the first post about the project here

Jeff helped me a lot with the finishing of this project. It took more work than I was anticipating. I had to starch the fabric twice and then it still wasn't sticking very well so I went to Lowe's and described what I needed and they recommended a clear sealer for me to use. After that Jeff cut holes in the fabric and drilled new holes for the new hardware. Then we had to cut off the excess fabric on the edges with a really sharp exacto knife. The final step was using beeswax to wax the drawers so they would open and close easier. And here is the finished product...

It didn't turn out exactly like I had pictured, but I still really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment