Tuesday, February 9, 2010

DIY projects

Coming up, an installment of DIY projects. I'm on a fix-it-up kick and have 4 projects I'm going to be working on.

First, I'm making a mirror for our living room. I can't claim this idea, I saw it in a Lowe's Creative Idea magazine and decided I could do it. I started it tonight and will take pictures and post the how to when it is finished.

Second, I'm re-doing a dresser for H's room. This project should be the most labor intensive, but I'm pretty excited about it. I'm refinishing a dresser and then taking out the drawers and covering them with fun fabrics and putting on new hardware.

Third, I got some ribbon on sale and I'm going to decorate a lampshade for H's room. I'm still looking for the lamp and the shade. But it's going to be cuuuuute.

Fourth, I found a TV stand today at Goodwill for $16! I'm going to re-paint it and clean it up... I'm thinking of painting it green right now... maybe something like this?

what do you think? the mirror I'm making has browns and greens in it and so does our couch. The other furniture in the room is a dark brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment